2 weeks until Dachshund Day at Crufts
More than 650 Dachshunds will be shown. The number of dogs entered for each Dachshund variety is as follows: Dachshund (Long-Haired) 87; Dachshund (Min Long-Haired) 168; Dachshund (Smooth-Haired) 65; Dachshund (Min Smooth-Haired) 127; Dachshund (Wire-Haired) 83; Dachshund (Min Wire-Haired) 126.
There will also be a selection of Dachshunds in the Discover Dogs area of the show.
Hound day is the final day of the show, so you’ll need to get there early if you want a ringside seat and there are bound to be massive crowds. Best in Show will be judged in the main ring and the event programme will include:
- Best In Show, watch the moment of the Crufts Best In Show 2012’s crowning glory
- Friends for Life, which rewards the nation’s unsung dog heroes
- Agility Championships Final
- Terrier and Hound Group Judging
- Young Kennel Club Stakes Final
- International Junior Handling Final
- An unforgettable Heelwork to Music performance
- The Fanfare from the Royal Marines
With nearly 28,000 healthy, happy dogs enjoying the thrills and excitement of Crufts with their owners, there’s no better place to experience and learn about the wonderful world of dogs.
Crufts 2012 dates are 8 – 11 March 2012 at the NEC, Birmingham.