Free ‘my dog uk’ app for Lost Pet Alerts
My dog uk, is a free app for Smart ‘phones, which has teamed up with Petlog to create a Lost Pet Alert.
If your dog is registered with Petlog you can use the Lost Pet Alert by downloading the free my dog uk app and entering your dog’s microchip and Petlog ID number, which you will find on your Petlog paperwork.
If you take your ‘phone with you on your dog walks, and in the unfortunate situation that your dog does go missing, you can send an alert to Petlog instantly from your ‘phone, giving details of where and when (s)he was lost. Furthermore, if you are a Petlog Premium member, Petlog will immediately alert authorised authorities and vets in a 30 mile radius and will mark your dog as lost on the database.
When you first download the App (which I did onto my iPad), the first thing you’ll have to do is sign up for an account with my dog uk. Once registered, the app home page has 6 icons:
- Out and about – links to dog friendly places, dog clubs and events, and advice on travelling with your dog
- Profile – lets you add details about yourself and your dogs, including photos
- My network – a bit like Facebook, with a wall, friends and status
- Directories – beaches, cafes, camping sites, breeders, hotels – lots of useful links
- Dog care – vets, food, training etc.
- Top dogs – photos of dogs in the network (most heroic, most lovable etc.)
Download the app directly from
- Play Store on your Android phone
- App store on your iPhone