New online advice for Dachshund buyers and owners from the Pet Professionals
The Pet Professionals’ online courses are designed to help responsible pet owners improve their knowledge on how to look after their pet. Written by qualified professionals, their online courses guide you, at your own pace, though your learning.
The Dachshund is an extremely popular breed of dog and this new course provides you with the key things that you need to know before you buy a Dachshund and, following purchase, how to take best care of him or her.
The course covers:
- Origins of the breed
- Dachshund health issues
- Are you ready for a Dachshund puppy?
- Finding the right breeder
- What to look for when buying a puppy
- Rehoming an older Dachshund
- The main considerations when you bring your new puppy home, including feeding, house training and exercise
- Health and general care of your Dachshund
- Common ailments and back problems including the lifestyle factors affecting the dog
- Training and exercise
- Breeding from your Dachshund
You can buy access to this course for a one-off fee, or take out a subscription which will give you access to a wide range of other courses. The course includes 90 minutes of video presentations, a quiz to test your knowledge at the end and links to additional resources and further reading.